Counseling for teens, tweens, & kids online across Indiana & Illinois.
Hi, I’m Angie Arreola. I’m a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who works with kids and teens who have ongoing struggles with overwhelming emotions and challenging behavior. My goal is to help your child stop feeling overwhelmed and stressed and start guiding them to where things feel manageable again.
My journey becoming a therapist:
As a former “disgruntled” tween myself, I’m in a unique position to connect with youth on a deeper level- I get it!
Since my first high school psychology class, I knew I wanted to combine my personal experience as a teen in therapy with a formal education to bring support and healing to youth. This led me on a winding path from working with parents and children involved in DCFS, to supporting some of the most challenging teens on juvenile probation, to working with overwhelmed tweens and teens- many of whom have experienced trauma.
Now that I’m a parent myself, I understand the parental pull to “fix” your child’s emotions. We can’t stand to see our children suffer and instead want to watch them thrive.
My life experiences are what lead me to become the therapist I am today- uniquely positioned to provide understanding to your child balanced with care and responsiveness to your concerns as their parent!
Helping people energizes me.
Being a therapist is inspiring. I love guiding teens, tweens, and kids toward figuring stuff out and watching them become more confident. The most rewarding thing about being a therapist is seeing a child walk away lighter, more free, and excited about their life.
I am committed to guiding your family to where things feel manageable again.
I bring warmth and understanding to our sessions.
I have a natural ability to:
- Help youth identify what they are feeling
- Help teens, tweens, kids, and parents feel at-ease and comfortable
- Explain mental health symptoms in an easy to understand way
- Inspire hope for getting better
People who work with me often say that I am a good listener who can help youth feel heard and understood.
Our sessions are focused on your child.
Sessions will provide your child with the space to be understood and heard. In feeling safe and comfortable, your child will be able to feel less alone and more connected. This connection translates to less stress, better behavior, and more control over their emotions.
It’s important to me to provide a non-judgemental space where your child can be themself and ensure that the process is collaborative. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach to counseling. Our sessions will fit your family’s specific needs and concerns.
- I believe that emotions heal when they are witnessed and validated
- I believe that therapy works when child, parent, and therapist are all committed to healing
- I believe that change is possible when you allow your child and yourself the space to do the work
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology at Loyola University Chicago in 2006
- Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology in 2008
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the State of Illinois
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Indiana
- Additional training in Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Motivational Interviewing
- Certified SPARCS Clinician (Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress)
Get help now
Start feeling happier, more capable, and less worried about your child. Schedule your free phone consultation now.